As a child, I’d love me a cup of Anise milk – we’d use cubes that most resemble sugar cubes with some ground anise (for that is what they were) and would dissolve them in hot milk. This would make for the perfect tummy tamer, as well as a soothing drink before bed.
Knowing what I know now, sugar is something that I stay clear off, especially when my tummy is upset. But my body loves a cup of mylk with the benefits of sweet fennel esssential oil- which has a beautiful licorice, honey-like, flavour.
Though anise and fennel aren’t completely alike, they have similar benefits, and taste almost the same.
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 – 2 cups of your favourite non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk, and love a big mug!)
- 1 drop of doTERRA (sweet) fennel essential oil
- 1-2 drops of liquid stevia
Warm the milk until it starts to bubble, careful not to let it boil over, add a drop of fennel – you can use a toothpick to add less than a drop, and adjust to your taste preference.
Add stevia to taste – a little goes a long way-, give it a whisk and serve on up.
- Fennel helps fight cravings for sweets
- Taken internally, it supports a healthy respiratory system
- Fennel is best known for aiding healthy digestive function
- It is also able to promote helthy metabolism, liver function and circulation
To learn more about the benefits of Fennel, click here.